I have a Sony DSC-S75 that was bought around 2001.
1. In order to change the ISO, you must press the MENU button and scroll to ISO. It has 400, 200, 100 and AUTO.
2. My camera has no color balance, however, it does have a white balance. To change it you press the MENU button and scroll to WB, it has ONE PUSH (which is like auto but for different light situations), AUTO, IN DOOR, and OUT DOOR.
3. I can change my exposure compensation by pressing the +/- (Exposure) button on the back of the camera.
4. File size and compression are chosen in the MENU by scrolling to the Image Size. It gives the options 2040x1536, 2040(3:2), 1600x1200, 1280x960, 640x480. For compression, the only options for that is GIF, JPG, TEXT, E-mail, and TIFF.
5. In order to turn on Light Metering, you must press the [o] button on the back of the camera. It is centered.
6. For macro focusing, press the right control button (>) and a flower silhouette will appear to show it is on.
7. To change the Flash mode, there are several ways to do it. One is to go to the MENU and change it under flash section. Another is to press the up control button (^) and this will change the level as well.