Sunday, February 18, 2007

How does my camera work?

My camera is a Fuji Finepix s304 (also referred to 3800). I have had a rather hard time getting through the user guide as I believe some information isn't the same on both cameras.
1) Adjusting ISO: Turn the Power/Mode dial on top and at the right hand corner of the camera to the Record setting (red camera icon). Turn Exposure Mode dial on top of the camera (the other dial) to Manual (black camera icon with 'M' next to it). Push Menu button on front of camera next to display screen and go to A. Priority using right and left display buttons.
2) Setting Exposure Compensation: Same as above but go to icon with + and - (EV) on tiny screen.
3) File Size and Compression: Here's where it gets interesting. I found in the directions to go to DPOF but the only thing this does is allow for the date to be visible on the pictures.
4) Setting Exposure Meter Mode: I looked high and low and became more confused than anything.
5) Setting Macro Focusing: The same thing with this one.
6) Setting the Flash Mode: While facing the front of the camera there is a button on the right side of the camera that, when pressed, allows the flash to open.
Hopefully, I will get to know the terms and the camera with use.

No comments: