Wednesday, April 16, 2008

3 interpretations

I used Adobe Photoshop CS3 to edit this photo.  This is the original photograph:
Photobucket

The first interpretation is a black and white photograph.  I used the different color channels to adjust which colors appeared more black or more white until it looked just right.
Photobucket

In the second interpretation, I edited the photo so that it looked like a sketch.  I did this by changing the photo to black and white, inverting it, changing the layer blend mode to Color Dodge and then using the filter Gaussian Blur with a radius of about 5.
Photobucket

In the third interpretation, I edited the photo so that it looked like an inked comic-book like painting.  I used the end result of the second interpretation, the sketch, and deleted all of the white in that image.  Then I put this layer of just black sketch over the original photograph.  I edited the original photo by using the filter Cut Out.  With the black sketch outlines on top of the Cut Out photo, I achieved this result.
Photobucket

No comments: