Friday, September 14, 2007

Why take Photography?

I take pictures for traditional reasons: birthdates, anniversaries, festivities and for other personal reasons. Lately, I’ve developed an interest in Photoshop (CS2) over the summer which is quite captivating… it seems to have a life of its own.

I’ve imagined taking pictures of small objects like flowers, plants, and creepy crawlers (although I dislike them) or pictures of nature (seasonal) or pictures of festivities (whaling, hunting, vacation, and holidays). Plus, I imagine taking photos of old pictures from family albums or from other relatives photo albums either for to keep on record and/or retouch to make them look new, and to reminiscence about my family's history. At an earlier age, my sister and I had once thought of opening a photo-shop of our own; this class and Photoshop has rekindled the flame. Lately, interning for a small firm in the marketing field has created an interest in promotional ads with the aid of Photoshop and with the use of a digital camera. Thus, enrolled in this class to expand my horizon.

No comments: