Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Why I take photographs

I take photgraphs in order to have pictures so when I am old and unable to go and do I can relive what I have gone and done. I also want evidence of the beauty of Alaska to show friends so they will understand why I want to spend time here. As I have done this I find it has been a healing process to record lovely images to remind me of a generous Creator.

When I purchased my Olympus camera I choose size and battery power that would be efficient to record my hike on the Chilkoot Trail and a trip to Indonesia. I envisioned a pictorial history of both trips. I found that pictures could convey neither the beauty I saw on the Trail nor the lives of the people I met in Indonesia because I didn't kow how to take pictures. My camera didn't record what I saw.

No comments: