Friday, September 19, 2008

First & Second Assignmnt

When I bought my camera last year (my '07 xmas gift to myself) was to learn more about taking good photographs. My camera is a point-and-shoot camera, but it has manual settings for aperature, ISO, and shutter speeds. Three things I know nothing about. I thought of this camera being a great one for a beginner. We camp a lot in the summer, and travel somewhere warm every winter. I want to be able to capture our trips better.

What photos do I wish i had taken?
1. Well, about two weeks ago, I was driving down Roland Road, and with the leaves changing and the sun hitting the hill just right. . .I wanted to take a picture, but didn’t have my camera. I have my camera with me all the time, but I can’t seem to get there when light was the way it was that day.
2. One winter during a trip to Mexico with all of our friends, one friend who dabbles in photography nominated himself to be the primary photographer for that trip. I brought my camera, but didn’t use it, since he was taking so many photos. That was three years, and we have yet to see those photos.
3. Every winter there is usually a day where the snow/frost covers each and every branch or twig of the trees. It so beautiful, but I never had my camera with me. This winter, I’m on it.
4. On a flight to Anchorage, it was a beautiful clear day when we flew past Mt. McKinley so the pilot moved in close and circled the peak. Oh how I wish I had my camera. It was awesome!
5. It was 3:00am and I woke up to find 3 great-horned owls sitting on my deck. I stood there for maybe 15 minutes, half-asleep, and completely in awe. But didn't even pull out the camera.

Favorite photo.
I have never forgotten this photo of the Afghan girl. . .it still comes to mind from time to time. Love those piercing green eyes.

Photographer Joey Goldsmith, love how he captures color

Annie Leibovitz, love how she captures people

No comments: