Friday, September 19, 2008

If I Could Go Back...

When I was a senior in high school (1994) I had the opportunity to travel to Copenhagen, Moscow and St. Petersburg. As a kid more interested in looking cool and having fun, I did not take the hundreds of photos that I would have loved to have taken. Back then we were using regular 35mm cameras so I do not think I would have taken the thousands of digital photos that is so easy to take today, but I would have taken a whole lot more than I did. I wish I would have taken photos of everyday life. I remember that everything was grey and dreary; most of the people that I remember seemed sad. I wish I could look back today and see those photos. Was it really that dark and dreary? Were those people actually happy and I just remember it differently? I wish I could look back now and see - I wish I would have taken those pictures.

No comments: