Saturday, April 07, 2007

My Editing Workflow

This project was quite the experience for me. I enjoyed using Photoshop immensely and I feel I have a proper grip on Photoshop's features.


This first picture I decided to experiment with Photoshop appears quite under exposed.



To attempt to give it clarity:

  1. I opened the Create New Adjustment Layer menu and selected Levels.
  2. I switched the Opacity to 50%.
  3. I changed the Levels Input to 1.48 and left the Output at 255.
  4. I selected Curves and I curved the Input to 206 & Output 218, Input 158 & Output 157, Input 102 & Output 76, Input 36 & Output 37, and lastly Input 20 & Output 7.

Here is the result. I tried to attempt a more sinister, horrific effect.










I used the same settings on this next picture, to which I desired the same effect.



Similar to the first picture, this photo appears to be poorly exposed.





To attempt clarity I:

  1. Opened the Create New Adjustment Layer menu and selected Levels.
  2. I switched the Opacity to 50%.
  3. I changed the Levels Input to 189 and the Output remained at 255.
  4. I selected the Curves option and I left the Input at 206 & Output at 218, changed the Input to 201 & Output 216, Input 108 & Output 94, Input 51 & Output 42, and lastly Input 20 & Output 7.





Here is the result. Same attempt as the first picture with just a few changes.








No comments: