Thursday, April 12, 2007

Iona's Workflow Plan









Original photo











Redo of photo

My workflow plan is rather simple at this time. As I become more proficient I hope to be able to use Elements 5 to greater advantage. I am developing a notebook for task bar steps that I have used in removing objects, etc. that I know will be useful because if I don’t use a process several times and even if I let it go a few days, I forget how to do even the basics.

Of course I did not take the first picture since it is of me but I wanted to see if I could straighten it and bring out the colors a bit . I want to use it on a site about my trail trip.

1. Image->Rotate canvas->90 degrees
2. Crop and straighten
3. Enhance (Perhaps try Auto Smart Fix here)
a. Maybe use Auto Sharpen depending upon the picture content
b. Adjust lighting
1) Shadows/Highlighting
2) Levels
a) Input levels 23, 1.00, 255
b) Output levels 24, 233
c. Adjust colors
1) Adjust Hue/Saturation
a) Hue 0, Saturation +17, Lightness 0
2) Adjust Color Variations
3) Adjust Color Curves
a) Advanced Options
3. Filter (if there is noise) That is the only option I have tried in the filter section.










Original photo












Redo of photo

1.. Crop and straighten
2.. Enhance (Perhaps try Auto Smart Fix here)
a. Maybe use Auto Sharpen depending upon the picture content
b. Adjust lighting
1) Shadows/Highlighting
2) Levels
a) Input levels 20, 1.00 215
b) Output levels 0, 200
c. Adjust colors
1) Adjust Hue/Saturation
a) Hue +6, Saturation +29, Lightness -12
2) Adjust Color Variations
3) Adjust Color Curves
a) Advanced Options
3. (In this second picture I cropped it some, made the adjustments and then croppeded the
picture because as I worked with the it I didn't like the light on the left.)
4. I have a folder where I put some pictures that I share with friends on DVDs. Some I
put on a CD and have printed at Sam’s to use as greeting cards.
5. I put each of them in a folder by date so that I can make a day-by-day diary of my
time in Alaska to be able to relive the time after I am not able to be out and about.
My others are stored by trip or occasion. I plan to use my Box.net account as backup
storage and eventually have many available on a blog sites.

No comments: