Friday, March 27, 2009

1st Assignment -Why do you take photographs?

1. I spent a weekend in New York City last year. I spent all my time taking pictures above my head or straight in front of me. I wish I would have taken a picture of people's feet, walking on the sidewalk covered in random flyers. It would have better captured the feeling of my time there.

2. A few summers ago there was a large forest fire on the other side of the river a few miles from my house. I wish I would have taken a picture of the glow the fire created above the trees at night. It was dangerous, yet beautiful.

3. As I was walking home from choir practice a couple late evenings, the street lights were reflecting off the snow and made it look like glitter falling from the sky, and the ground looked like a blanket of glitter. I wish I could have somehow captured the beautiful quiet with a camera.

4. A large part of my childhood/teenage years were spent at a piano sitting in front of a window in my home, with the view of the forest in the backyard. I wish I had taken a picture of my perspective while I was sitting there, including the top of the piano and the window. It would be pretty meaningful to me.

5. When I lived in the dorms my sophomore year, some of the residence life staff moved a movie projector outside to the middle of the street in front of the dorms. We all sat on the grass, the sidewalk, and even into the street to watch the movie. They blocked off the street on both sides. I wish I would have gotten a photo of this from a distance, road blocks and all.

No comments: