Tuesday, September 18, 2007

WHY DO I TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS?

I think I have always enjoyed taking pictures,snapshots, really. I have owned many cameras through the years, usually brought out on special occasions or events. But, several years ago I started getting into scrapbooking and the more I browsed the pages of the scrapbook magazines and web sites the more I realized it wasn't the "layouts" I was really interested in, but I found myself drawn to the photographs. I wanted to be able to take pictures that told the stories like all the ones I had seen. I wanted to be able to take pictures that conveyed feelings and thoughts like the ones I had seen that made me think and feel a certain way.
I like to get out and see and do things. Things I have never done or seen before. I don't know if it has to do with getting older :) but I am so amazed at the miracle of the beauty all around us every day, in every way. And that is what I see and what I would like to capture.

Marci Cohoon

No comments: