Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Photographs that I imagined taking when I bought my camera

A few years ago I bought my first digital camera. It was a Fuji that took amazing photos, but had a shutter lag that just about did me in!! All the pictures I took of my son's football games were either of the team doing their warm up exercises or I would end up with a shot of some green turf with absolutely not one player in sight. I had completely missed the shot and there I was left with a memory card full of green! I also had a toddler at the time and it was next to impossible to get any decent shots of her as she moved almost as quickly as the ball team. So....when I took the leap and purchased my digital SLR (after much dilema trying to justify the expense) I hoped that it would pay off and I would be able to capture those amazing action shots. Close ups included. I even fantasized about having the walls of my house covered with framed enlargements that would rival even the most professional photographer. Now my ambitions have grown and I want to take more and more frame-worthy pictures. Alaskan landscapes, bears, northern lights, and everything in between. My camera is always with me and I am always scoping out an area for a different angle to shoot.
Marci Cohoon

No comments: