Monday, February 19, 2007

Sony DSC-P200 - Reviewed


Hello again, and welcome back to Assignments for Digital Photography Class! My name is vypr and I will be taking you on a journey exploring the intracacies and nuances of the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200 Digital Camera.

*short theme music*

This is the part of the show where I come out and tell you about my camera! For my three reviews I went to DCViews, searched for my camera, and followed the links to the following three sites:

1) http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_sony_cybershot_dsc_p200.php
2) http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/p200.html
3) http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2005/06/28/
Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-P200/p1

All three of these sites were full of high praise for this compact machine of incredible photographic muscle. The only problems that were brought up in the course of my research, was that one reviewer felt that the buttons were slightly too small, so that someone with big fingers would not be able to operate this camera as well as others. My response to that is most of the time, those people with big fingers tend to be males like my father who would rather have an older camera that was simply point and shoot, rather than pushing lots of buttons! Also, with the advent of technology growing smaller and smaller, it would only logically follow that manufacturers would have to make the buttons smaller to fit on said peice of technology.

Other than a few minor complaints such as button size and the fact that the camera only comes with a 32mb memory card to begin with, the results were clear, if you want a camera that is small, durable, but packs some photographic muscle, go with the Sony DSC-P200.

No comments: