Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Taking Photographs: How does my camera work?

I have a Kodak EasyShare P850 digital camera.

I adjust the ISO by moving the command dial located on the back right of the camera. I roll the command dial until I can see the down arrow above ISO. Then I push the set button and use the command dial to select the ISO.

I adjust the white balance through the menu button. The options are: auto, daylight, Cloudy, open shade, sunset, tungsten, fluorescent, wb1, wb2, and wb3.

I adjust the exposure compensation by moving the command dial located on the back right of the camera. I roll the command dial until I see (through the LCD screen) the down arrow is above exposure compensation. Then I push the set button and use the command dial to select the exposure compensation.

I set the file size and compression by pressing the menu button located on the back of the camera. I use the toggle button to maneuver to the menu that has picture type and file type. I can change the picture size to 5.0 MP, 4.5 MP, 3.1MP, 2.1MP, or 1.2MP. I can change the file type to basic, standard, fine, TIFF, or RAW.

I set the exposure meter mode by pressing the button (square box with eye) on the top right of the camera. The options are: multi-pattern, center-weighted, center-spot, and selectable zone.

I set macro focusing by pressing on the focus button located on the top left of the camera. I use the toggle button to select the option I want; close-up, landscape, and manual.

I set the flash mode by pressing the lightning bolt on the top left of the camera. The options are: auto flash, red-eye reduction, fill, slow, and off.

No comments: