Monday, October 08, 2007

My favorite Photographer

My photographer of choice would have to be Yiannis Samaras. The reason I picked this particular photographer is probably because I was able to work with him as a cinematographer on the production of CHRONICTOWN that filmed here in Fairbanks during February and March of this year. I had the wonderful opportunity to not only work with a film production company, but also with a very talented cinematographer, and well respected photographer. His particular style interests me because of his combination of realism and fantasy, and the ability to portray massive amounts of emotion in a photo without words or movement.

Yiannis has also designed lighting for top fashion shows and night clubs in Europe.

Here is his personal website:

http://www.yiannissamaras.com/

I picked #42 in his portraits section because it is a beautiful photo...absolutely stunning.

No comments: