Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CIOS 258 News!!!! I am stopping teaching!

I have decided to stop teaching! I do not want to make the time commitment of four months out of the year to teach. This spring I wanted to go to Fur Rondy in Anchorage to take some photographs, but I could not because of teaching. I have been teaching every year for twenty years and it was time to stop. I will be using this web log to share photography tools and resources, I will keep this web log alive. All my material will be online also for anybody to use in their classes or to share with others.
I really enjoy teaching photography, but for now I want to do photography more then teach photography.
Steve

4 comments:

Hal said...

Sounds like you've had a cathartic moment. Thankfully, for me, your sudden awareness took hold after your last teaching contract. Just today I shot Balaine lake in manual only, relying exculsively on my judgement and ignoring what the camera thought the exposure value should be. This was a big step. Thank you for introducing and mentoring me into what will hopefully be a lasting photographical journey. I truly enjoyed you and your class.

Your friend, Hal Wagner

Stephen Cysewski said...

Thank you, keep in touch with my web logs, I will be posting many photographs. Thanks for the comment.

km said...

Congrats on your choice, I am glad I was in your last class also.

thanks and have fun

Kristianne

Lorena G. Sims said...

Cool! I will see more of your photographs then...