Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My favorite photo and photographer


I really like this picture because I love water and because it beautifully captures the fun this kid is having. Some of those who commented on it believed it to be too busy, by this I infer they must mean the boats. But I disagree, if the boats weren't there it would seem too staged. Of course obviously it is, but it feels more like he is just jumping in for a swim at the local pier instead of just some random lake. The silhouette effect is great.
I found Philip J. Monahan on Flickr and really like his photography. My favorite ones and what I think to be his true strength in his photos, is capturing not only the beauty of nature, but grandeur. I suggest having a look yourselves. http://flickr.com/people/phijomo/

No comments: