Thursday, September 18, 2008

5 Photos I wish I had taken - LP

  1. In August this year I had to drive my husband to Anchorage for surgery. On the way back, the tundra had just started to turn and was drop dead gorgeous. I did stop for one picture but regret not stopping again...missed out on once in a lifetime shots of high mountian country fall colors with dark sky backgrounds and sun shining through rain clouds.
  2. My husband and I have been together for 18 years but only have a handful of pictures of either of us when we were younger. Wish I had taken more pictures back when we first met etc.
  3. When I had to put my first dog to sleep, it dawned on my that I had not taken an updated picture of her in the last few years. By then, of course, it was too late. I now make sure to take pictures of all of our pets at least once a year as you never know what will happen and I had a lot of guilt that the only pictures that I had were four years before she died.
  4. Taking the time to stop and take those pictures that I drive by because I'm on my way to work, or going somewhere....it's really about taking the time to photograph what you see so you can remember it... I've passed up sunsets, beautiful clouds, moose, geese, wildlife, unusual panoramas, and items that interest me. I've passed them all up, sometimes on a daily basis.
  5. When I was in high school, my mother and I would go out and look at the Aurora when they were out when my dad was working on the Slope. One night, we drove up to the West Ridge to check them out (this was before all those lit up buildings were there and it was a GREAT place to watch. The Aurora starting crackling and turned into a circular pattern. I've never seen it in my life like that before. It was so loud and close...you could almost touch it. Wish I had taken a picture then.

No comments: