Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hard Place.......

What a hard place to take photographs. I messed up and was relying on IS or VR to compensate for slow shutter speeds, but the subject motion (people moving) caused many blurry photographs. I was using 1/15 and relying on the vibration reduction, but forgot about the subject motion, at least that is my theory now! Also because the camera is small, and I was being quick, my camera holding technique was poor! I am learning a new camera and am creating many "learning opportunities" for myself! I will share some of the photographs later, but there were too many blurry photographs. Frustrating and enlightening!!!! Next time I will use Shutter Priority and set the shutter to at 1/60 of a second.

3 comments:

Lorena G. Sims said...

I'm so glad that I'm not alone. I was disappointed and is planning to talk to you about what I was doing wrong.

Stephen Cysewski said...

I will post photographs today or tomorrow. I wished we could go back and try again to try new techniques. Experience is the best teacher in learning photography in difficult situations. The light was poor, the contrast, and it was dim. The subject though was wonderful. I think another problem I had was that I was using the LCD and holding the camera with one hand, poor technique for preventing camera movement. Sigh!

Dan said...

Can I join this group? I had a rather difficult time as well. Some of my photos came out ok, a few came out great but the majority are terrible. Subject blur was my main problem. But what frustrates me the most is that I do not have 1 symptom of a bad photo. I have subject blur or bad light or color issues. What they say is true - Practice, Practice, Practice.

Dan