Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Enhancing a Photograph I Like


This is the original photo that is about 12 years old. It has lost much of its brightness and luster. The boats name is Orphie. It is a 96 foot wooden ketch. I was part of the crew on the boat for 3 months. We chartered guests between St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands and St. Vincent and the Grenedine Islands, which is about a 450 mile one way trip. What a life that was. I sure miss the ocean and bright sunshine.

This is the revised photo. First I cropped the picture to remove the car. I used the magic wand to select the sky and applied a blue photo filter by adding an adjustment layer. I erased the cloud in the left portion of the picture as it was distracting. I then selected the water using the laso tool, added an adjustment layer and applied a photo filter. I selected the boat with the magic wand, applied an adjustment layer and adjusted the brightness and contrast of the hull of the boat. Finally I added one more adjustment layer and adjusted the levels, removed the dust and scratches and then sharpened the image.

Post a Comment