Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Organizing using Picasa

For the past week I have been in the process of recovering all my photos from my hard drive due to my system crashing. All this could have been easily avoided if I backed my computer up. I used a recovery tool and was able to recover all my photos (or at least it looks like they are all there) It also decided to recover them four to five different times so in the end I had around 14,000 pictures to go through and sort since it dumped every picture it could find into one big file. The worst part is it all could have been avoided if I spent the 5 minutes to back everything up.
Today I am about 90 percent done with deleting duplicates of files and putting them in basic order. I have started on a few albums, the main one I am working on is one of Europe. This is a very time consuming process and my pointer finger is becoming rubbed raw from using the touch pad. I think it's time to invest in a mouse.
Post a Comment