Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My camera reviews



Nikon D70 "Reviews summery"



Everything I’ve read about the Nikon D70 starts with: It’s a camera that fits your hand and it looks robust. You get a good feeling of photography when holding a D70. Compare to Canon the Nikon D70 is bigger and more heavily, and I guess that is good since all informers on the web liked it.

D70 have a great way to deal with different light, shadows and white balance, and you can fine-tune every option to fit your way to take pictures. The CCD on 6.1 megapixels gives you the opportunity to take raw pictures with resolutions up to 3008x2000 pixcels. This gives you the opportunity to print big pictures that seems fine. The options to change the ISO quick, gives you the chance of getting sharp pictures even in low lights.
The low-light-focus lamp is great, and helps you to get the focus, even in low light. Some informers write about how fast the camera is, and it seems like there is some different opinion out there. Some mean the camera is fast compeer to other that mean this is one of the fasts. Well, I have the camera and I feel the camera is fast enough for me, and that means the camera take about 3 pictures pr. second. And, of course, that is slow compeer to Nikon F5 or something that takes over 6 pictures pr. second.



You can change the Nikon D70 in the way you want with customs settings, but all that I have read says that Nikon did a good job to make the adjusting knob and settings to fit you in the best way. If you have use Nikon before you don’t have to use long time to get know D70. And if you bye a Nikon – learn Nikons way to use the camera. That is why you have a Nikon.

One of the good things is the battery: The battery on D70 is really great, and if you really are in trouble you can use CR2 batteries that you can get in a regular store.
One of the bad things is that there's no obvious way of seeing what ISO setting you're on without actually checking. This can mess up your pictures if you more from a low-light spot to a light spot, and you use high ISO that makes your picture granulated. But you have the option to set “ISOauto”, this makes your camera to always search for the right ISO. But I guess the real photographers don’t use auto settings.


I’ve heard the Nikon D200 body is dust safe, and that is one of the things I really seems necessary. I take, for the most, picture of nature and wildlife and carry my camera in the wilderness isn’t the best way to take care of your camera. Maybe my next camera is a waterproof and unbreakable Nikon D-SLR. But don’t misunderstand me: I love my camera, even with all the small things I don’t like on it.
Post a Comment