Sunday, September 10, 2006

Digital Photography Lesson 1

Lesson 1 Assignment- 9/7/06
Photography Introduction
By Ava Vent


I take photographs to catch memories of my family, as I grow older. I’ve been taking pictures over the last 14 years. I take pictures when I go on trips with my family and friends. I like to look back at pictures and try to remember what was going on the moment that I took the picture. I like to see how things change over the years, especially my two daughters.

This camera (Kodak) was given to me as a gift for Christmas last year. Since then I’ve been taking pictures of my family and friends in Huslia and here in Fairbanks. I have great pictures of the winter activities that take place in Huslia like the junior spring carnival, Halloween carnival, Easter egg hunt, and Christmas gift exchange at the Huslia Hall. I also took pictures of three summer weddings, two in Huslia and one in Allakaket (Koyukon village). Some of my pictures consist of the 4th of July and the 2006 Tanana Valley State Fair – family fun. I imagine holding onto these pictures for a long time so that someday my girls will look back at them and watch themselves grow! Until then I will learn all I can on how to edit and enhance photos with my digital camera.
Post a Comment